> Tony Todd's character dies in "Chuck"
TOC
post Oct 7 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Saracen
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 9

I don't know if you've been enjoying Chuck as I have, but if so you might have noticed Tony Todd's recurring role as CIA director Graham. His role wasn't a big one, but having two CIA high-ups in the show was a chance for the writers to have them discuss information the audience needed to know which was kept from the main characters.

Yesterday a distressed Chuck asks to speak to Director Graham and is told he died in the explosion (which happened in the season premiere last week.) I wondered if it was just a cost-saving measure. Why pay two actors to play CIA directors when one will do? Checking out the IMDb, however, I suspect another reason could be in play. Tony Todd is a very busy actor. He has about eight projects above Chuck in the list. I like the show, but Tony's role in it wasn't much and I'm glad he's got the chance to move on to other things.

For those who don't recognize the name, Tony Todd played Worf's brother and also played the adult Jake Sisko in DS9.

Carol

--------------------
"IN A WORLD FULL OF WONDERS, HUMANS INVENTED BOREDOM. AMAZING!" Death observes in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TOC
post Oct 21 2008, 04:18 AM
Post #2

Saracen
Group Icon

Member No.: 9

Well, Tony Todd was back on Chuck tonight. I saw his name in the credits and thought surely it was a mistake, but no. His part is arguably bigger in flashback than it was in the present day. Turns out he was the one to recruit Sarah into the CIA. There's a potential to re-visit that character in upcoming episodes as we learn more about Sarah's past.

Then, after Chuck, I watched Heroes in which Malcolm McDowell has a major role as an illusion deliberately placed in the minds of certain characters.

Sid needs to take note. His characters die all the time, but other than the big burial scene in Big Battalions, they tend to disappear from the screen after dying. This is not at all necessary. He needs to find roles with flashback potential or perhaps his uncle could give him tips on portraying a delusion. biggrin.gif

Carol

--------------------
"IN A WORLD FULL OF WONDERS, HUMANS INVENTED BOREDOM. AMAZING!" Death observes in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.

+Quote Post
POTHOS
post Oct 21 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #3

Squeeing for Britain
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Surely the most obvious potential for a back story goes to Siddig's character in Spooks.

There is a whole decent into the character personal ---- long before the desperate journey into the UK.

He is one character I would love to see again.

Jude.

--------------------

Humanity is first. We have to look after each other. (Alexander Siddig 2006)

Honorary Number 1 Silly Nanny

"If I Had Half A Brain I'd Be Dangerous" J.W. 2004

If you believe that onions are the only vegetables that can make you cry then you have never been hit in the face with a turnip.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 02:09 AM