> Member of a dream cast
TOC
post Oct 1 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #1

Saracen
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 9

I was pretty excited when I read Sid was a part of author J.G. Sandom's dream cast for his book The Wave. Then I read a synopsis and I was less enthusiastic. Anyone want to guess what role Sandom has in mind for Sid? Of course, depending on the script, it might not be as stereotypical as it appears at first glance, but still.....

THE WAVE
by J. G. Sandom

When Cryptanalyst John Decker of the FBI is assigned to the Joint Terrorist Task Force in New York, he has no idea he is about to be thrust into a deadly plot of eco-terrorism masterminded by Jihadist El Aqrab, the Scorpion, recently arrested after slaughtering a family in Tel Aviv. Following the theft of 8 kilos of Highly Enriched Uranium, an ultimatum is issued to the West: Release El Aqrab or a nuclear bomb will be detonated. But, at the last moment, El Aqrab escapes and the Israelis never get the bomb. Now, only Agent Decker, assisted by brilliant and beautiful oceanographer Emily Swenson, can solve the mystery of the bomb’s unexpected destination – La Palma, in the Canary Island chain. Decker’s convinced that El Aqrab’s real plan is to blow up the Cumbre Vieja volcano in order to set off a mega tsunami. Decker and Swenson only have six hours to stop El Aqrab, defuse the bomb, and prevent an eighteen-storey wave from annihilating the Eastern Seaboard.
(370 pages) Paperback: $19.95

--------------------
"IN A WORLD FULL OF WONDERS, HUMANS INVENTED BOREDOM. AMAZING!" Death observes in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TOC
post Oct 1 2007, 07:24 PM
Post #2

Saracen
Group Icon

This is the site of the original announcement. It appears to be the official web site of the author.

http://welsh.typepad.com/jgsandom/2007/10/...ave----dre.html

Also in the dream cast are Aaron Eckhart, Jodie Foster, Liev Schrieber, Sayed Badreya, and Tommy Lee Jones. Not bad company to be in.

Carol

--------------------
"IN A WORLD FULL OF WONDERS, HUMANS INVENTED BOREDOM. AMAZING!" Death observes in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.

+Quote Post
Mel
post Oct 1 2007, 08:39 PM
Post #3

Helpful Peach
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

A reminder that this is the author's dream cast. Other words, who he wishes would play the roles. While I'm sure he's flattered to be part of someone's ideal cast, Sid is not attached to this project in any way.

+Quote Post
TOC
post Oct 1 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #4

Saracen
Group Icon

Other words, who he wishes would play the roles. While I'm sure he's flattered to be part of someone's ideal cast, Sid is not attached to this project
You're assuming there actually is a project for Sid not to be attached to. I'm not sure this book is even going to be made into a movie -- at least I haven't found any indication that The Wave is in preproduction -- though there have been an amazing SIX films named The Wave according to the IMDb.

Carol

This post has been edited by TOC: Oct 1 2007, 09:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2014 - 08:25 AM