> Cairo Time Trailer
Mel
post Jul 3 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #1

Helpful Peach
Group Icon

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

The trailer for Cairo Time has been released and it looks pretty darn good. Take a look here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
POTHOS
post Jul 3 2009, 11:06 PM
Post #2

Squeeing for Britain
Group Icon

Group: Staff
Member No.: 5

I am so excited about this movie. It looks stunning and the chemistry looks fantastic between Siddig and Patricia.

Fingers crossed that this is the movie that Siddig's talent finally gets appreciated on a wider scale.

Jude.

This post has been edited by POTHOS: Jul 4 2009, 10:52 AM

--------------------

Humanity is first. We have to look after each other. (Alexander Siddig 2006)

Honorary Number 1 Silly Nanny

"If I Had Half A Brain I'd Be Dangerous" J.W. 2004

If you believe that onions are the only vegetables that can make you cry then you have never been hit in the face with a turnip.

+Quote Post
Nele
post Jul 3 2009, 11:55 PM
Post #3

Sherpa
Group Icon

Group: Sidster
Member No.: 139

Wow, what a beautiful trailer. blush.gif
Canīt wait to see the film.
Hope it will be released here too.

--------------------
Do What You Want But Harm No One

"Thereīs nothing more romantic than a wedding on DS9 in springtime." - Bashir
"When the neutrinos are in bloom." - OīBrien
("You are cordially invited ..." DS9)

+Quote Post
prelocandkanar
post Jul 4 2009, 12:40 AM
Post #4

Sherpa
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,132

Oh, it looks wonderful!!

What a perfect vehicle for Sid! First, he's a co-star again, finally, not a guest/side/minor role. And plus, he's never had the chance to do this kind of part before. A romantic lead! I'm so excited about this. I really hope it does well with the critics and the box office. (I know we'll all do our part!)

It could be a turning point in his career, following up on his critical acclaim from "Syriana."

OK, OK, plus I can't wait to drool over Sid being all... romantic. I'm re-watching "24" with my husband (a very patient man!) and it occurs to me that, in all his roles, Sid sure does a lot of scowling. Plenty of scowling. Kissing? Not so much. (I imagine that, given the story, there's not *all* that much kissing here, either, but it sure looks like plenty of soulful gazing.)

Yay!

+Quote Post
charmedgirl
post Jul 4 2009, 01:38 AM
Post #5

Lecturer
Group Icon

Member No.: 525

QUOTE (prelocandkanar @ Jul 3 2009, 08:40 PM) *
Oh, it looks wonderful!!

What a perfect vehicle for Sid! First, he's a co-star again, finally, not a guest/side/minor role. And plus, he's never had the chance to do this kind of part before. A romantic lead! I'm so excited about this. I really hope it does well with the critics and the box office. (I know we'll all do our part!)

It could be a turning point in his career, following up on his critical acclaim from "Syriana."

OK, OK, plus I can't wait to drool over Sid being all... romantic. I'm re-watching "24" with my husband (a very patient man!) and it occurs to me that, in all his roles, Sid sure does a lot of scowling. Plenty of scowling. Kissing? Not so much. (I imagine that, given the story, there's not *all* that much kissing here, either, but it sure looks like plenty of soulful gazing.)

Yay!

I'd love to see the trailer but I'll have to wait til Monday to get to the library. This computer will freeze big time if I click on the link. But I can't wait to see the movie!

--------------------
"Your name, mister, mister.."
"Bashir, Julian Bashir"

+Quote Post
Peridot
post Jul 4 2009, 04:00 AM
Post #6

Radio Operator
Group Icon

Member No.: 768

I've watched this trailer over and over maybe a dozen times already. It's enchanting! I love the bright jewel color the movie is filmed in, and the theme music is lovely. Have any of you ever heard this music before? Or do you think it is something original that was composed for "Cairo Time?" In any case, it's gorgeous. I hope they'll put it out on CD.
I don't know how anyone can watch the trailer and not want to see the movie. It looks like it's got everything. A sweet, gentle, beautiful love story. I came across a brief article where someone described the on-screen relationship between Sid and Patricia as magical. Going by the trailer, that seems like a fair description. I think it may be prudent to have a hankie handy for the more poignant scenes. But there is humor, too, which is always good. ("I like your dress."--The nonplussed expression on Sid's face!) And we even get to see Sid dance! His first chick flick! Oh, boy!

Peridot

This post has been edited by Peridot: Jul 4 2009, 06:01 AM

+Quote Post
TOC
post Jul 4 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #7

Saracen
Group Icon

Member No.: 9

and the theme music is lovely. Have any of you ever heard this music before? Or do you think it is something original that was composed for "Cairo Time?" In any case, it's gorgeous.

Don't count on the trailer's music having anything to do with the film. Quite often the people creating the trailer don't have access to the movie's music and select something from a music catalog from which rights can be easily purchased.

That being said, I agree with everything you said about this trailer. It's magical.

Carol

--------------------
"IN A WORLD FULL OF WONDERS, HUMANS INVENTED BOREDOM. AMAZING!" Death observes in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.

+Quote Post
fangirl
post Jul 4 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #8

Sherpa
Group Icon

Member No.: 399

This looks wonderful. Thanks for posting the trailer.

Joy

+Quote Post
ulli
post Jul 4 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #9

The ketchup in a Heroes sandwich.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13

Oh, that looks good! smile.gif
I love it! Can't wait to see the movie.

+Quote Post
TaBet
post Jul 4 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #10

Sherpa
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,127

Wow, this looks so good!
It is hard we have to wait, I don't even know if the movie will be shown in Germany.

And the music is ... great. Ok, maybe it is only for the trailer, but I wonder if the music in the second part of the trailer might be from Yann Tiersen. IMDb quotes that a song of Yann Tiersen will be used in the movie and is it only me or does anyone else finds some similarities from the trailer to the fantastic soundtrack of "The Fabulous Destiny of Amelie Poulain" (Amelie of Montmatre) ??

+Quote Post
sweetyvonne
post Jul 5 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #11

Doctor
Group Icon

Member No.: 368

What a wonderful glimpse into Sid's new movie. Sid makes for a dreamy romantic lead, which is what most of us have been waiting for. The thought of Egypt (one of the places I want to visit before I die) and Sid (one of the men I want to meet before I die) together really pushes me over the edge... faint.gif He has an attitude and presence on the big screen that too few people have had a chance to recognize. Watch out Sidcity, pretty soon we "old" Sidsters won't be able to get a comment in edgewise here! notworthy.gif
yvonne

--------------------
Romance is the deepest thing in life. Romance is deeper even than reality.
G.K. Chesterton

+Quote Post
prelocandkanar
post Jul 5 2009, 03:41 AM
Post #12

Sherpa
Group Icon

Peridot said:

> I came across a brief article where someone described the on-screen relationship between Sid and Patricia as magical.

Do you remember where you found this? I'd be interested.

Shouldn't there be some advance publicity for this movie? I'd really love to read any articles or interviews. Of course, I'd be especially interested in Sid's POV. I'm sure there must be some good stories about the making of the film. Or do they save those for the DVD special features these days?

+Quote Post
TOC
post Jul 5 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #13

Saracen
Group Icon

Member No.: 9

Shouldn't there be some advance publicity for this movie?

Maybe they're thinking that July is a little early to whet people's appetite for an October romance. Big budget movies may be promoted for months and months, but I think they have to be a bit more restrained with a film like "Cairo Time". I'm going to guess their promotional budget doesn't have tens of millions of dollars in it. Hopefully, closer to the October release, we'll see some ads when they'll do the most good.

Carol

--------------------
"IN A WORLD FULL OF WONDERS, HUMANS INVENTED BOREDOM. AMAZING!" Death observes in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather.

+Quote Post
Peridot
post Jul 5 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #14

Radio Operator
Group Icon

Member No.: 768

http://www.transmissionfilms.com.au/blog/i...e-from-maximum/

Here is a link to the article you asked me about, Beth. It's really just the announcement of a business deal. It may be good news for Sidsters in Australia and New Zealand.

Now that the "Cairo Time" trailer has been released, maybe we'll start seeing more articles and interviews. Since Sid is the male lead, I hope he'll take a prominent role in promoting "Cairo Time." I'd love to see him on the talk shows.

Peridot

July 10, 2009

http://www.playbackonline.ca/articles/dail....html?print=yes

Found this "Cairo Time" article tonight. It's about a year old and doesn't focus on Sid, so I'm just going to stick the link into this post to be a companion to the other article I found. Wonder if anyone will notice...? This one's kind of good.

This post has been edited by Peridot: Jul 11 2009, 09:55 AM

+Quote Post
prelocandkanar
post Jul 6 2009, 03:18 AM
Post #15

Sherpa
Group Icon

Peridot, thanks for posting that link! But... did you see what I saw?

quoted/copied-pasted directly from article:
>the Canada-Ireland coproduction stars Patricia Clarkson as a diplomat’s wife who finds herself engaged in a brief and unexpected love affair with
>a local, played by Alexander Siddig (Syriana, Kingdom of Heaven).

Alexander Siddig??? Siddig?? Geez... can't they get his name right? How many times does he have to simplify his name for folks to get it *right*??
People, it's really not all that hard!

And Carol... you're absolutely right; it is too early. Just after I posted that, I realized that they're either still in post-production or just finishing with it. That's the time period when they'd be filming those interviews that go into the "specials" for the DVD. I guess I got carried away.

Can you enlighten me on the production company that's doing this film? It's not an indie film, is it? The article says it's a joint venture between a Canadian and Irish group. But it sounds like a major American release.

Peridot, you said:
>Now that the "Cairo Time" trailer has been released, maybe we'll start seeing more articles and interviews. Since Sid is the male lead, I hope he'll
>take a prominent role in promoting "Cairo Time." I'd love to see him on the talk shows.

Man-oh-man, I would love seeing Sid do the whole publicity route, including talk shows, but I get the impression that he doesn't do that. Or is it just that he hasn't been in a role that requires that since DS9? (I didn't follow DS9 during its run, so I don't remember what was done. Also, he lived in CA back then.) As Carol points out, July is too early to push an October release. But, Carol, or Mel: When we get closer, will we be sure to have advance notice of any publicity work that Sid does? It wouldn't slip through our radar, would it? I'd hate to miss the chance to set my TiVo for a Sid appearance!

This post has been edited by prelocandkanar: Jul 6 2009, 03:21 AM

+Quote Post
prelocandkanar
post Jul 6 2009, 03:26 AM
Post #16

Sherpa
Group Icon

Geez, something about this posting software is changing my post. When I read the article Peridot posted, in the article, they spelled Sid's name with a Q. S-I-D-D-I-Q. I commented about this, quoting his name as they'd printed it, and the software changed it to a G -- S-I-D-D-I-G, just as it should be. I even checked the font they used, because sometimes in a certain font, a Q and a G can look very much alike. But no, that was definitely a Q that they used.

But my complaint looks bizarre, because it looks like I'm complaining that they spelled his name correctly.

Grrr.

Beth

+Quote Post
Mel
post Jul 6 2009, 01:28 PM
Post #17

Helpful Peach
Group Icon

lol.gif Poor Beth. We have an auto-correct feature on the board the corrects common misspellings of Sid's name. Now, that said, I think you may need to have your eyes checked. The spelling looks correct to me:

Regarding the publicity rounds, of course we will have all of the info posted as soon as it is available. This is pure speculation on my part, but with Patricia Clarkson (Oscar nominee, multiple award winner) plus the fall release plus a sort of "English Patient" feel, this movie looks like Oscar bait to me. We'll have to see how the critics receive it, but as Yvonne said, it's probably going to get pretty busy in here this fall!

+Quote Post
kacydax
post Jul 6 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #18

Doctor
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

It looks like a really great movie. I have been watching it almost the whole morning and just wishing that I was the female lead. Sigh!

--------------------
Kacy Dax

+Quote Post
ulli
post Jul 6 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #19

The ketchup in a Heroes sandwich.
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13

Mel, she was talking of the article Peridot found. There his name is spelled with "q". wink.gif (Though I think that wouldn't be totally wrong as I understand it that there are more than one spelling of "siddig")

And don't talk about Oscar. Maybe this is me being superstitious but don't talk about such a thing before it happens or it won't happen. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mel
post Jul 6 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #20

Helpful Peach
Group Icon

Oh, thanks for clarifying, Ulli. Now I need to get MY eyes checked. lol.gif Yes, there is more than one spelling of Siddig. Using the "q" instead of the "g" seems to happen more often outside the US, I think because the sound of that last letter changes with different accents/languages.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:44 AM