Tut reveals, for the first time on television, the story of the Egyptian Pharaoh, one of the most renowned leaders in human history. This ambitious special-event series tells the story of Tut’s rise to power and his struggle to lead Egypt to glory, while his closest advisers, friends and lovers scheme for their own nefarious interests. Tut opens up a fascinating window into a world filled with heartbreaking romance, epic battles, political backstabbing, conspiracy, jealousy and even murder — proving his world was not far removed from our own and that his reign as the youngest Egyptian king played out as a real-life drama for the ages.
- Avan Jogia stars as King Tutankhamun, Eygpt’s youngest king.
- Ben Kingsley will star in the key role of Ay, the Grand Vizier to King Tutankhamun, who wields tremendous power and influence as the top advisor to the young Egyptian ruler.
- Nonso Anozie will play the savvy military, yet power hungry, strategist General Horemheb.
- Sibylla Deen plays Ankhe, the calculating and conniving sister-wife of King Tutankhamun.
- Kylie Bunbury portrays Suhad, the beautiful and endearing girl of Mitanni descent who develops a strong bond with the young Egyptian king, despite the fact she is not of royal bloodlines.
- Alexander Siddig is a highly accomplished stage and screen actor who plays High Priest Amun, a major political figure who holds great influence in King Tutankhamun’s inner sanctum.
- Peter Gadiot plays Ka, King Tutankhamun’s close confidant and seemingly loyal friend from childhood who harbors a secret love for Ankhe, Tut’s wife.
- Iddo Goldberg plays Lagus, an Egyptian soldier who develops a special bond with King Tutankhamun.
Tut began filming in Morocco in September 2014 and will continue through the end of the year. The series aired on SPIKE TV in July 2015.
Website | Twitter | Facebook